Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Smoothie

I found this recipe on another website but the extra calories that came from the white sugar and heavy cream seemed unnecessary. I wanted a way to lessen the calaries and a natural way to sweeten this smoothie without using white sugar. Using the honey is a great way of making this treat a little sweeter and the silk milk lessens the calaries from the cream. I also used silken tofu in the mixture I think this will allow freezing of this mixture so you can have it as a frozen treet later. I'll get back to you later on that one or maybe you'll be up for the task and let me know.

This cool and refreshing smoothie is as healthy as it is easy to make and take with you while on the go. I used fresh berries cut them up and then froze them an extra step that may prove unnecessary. I freeze them so that they add a thick texture to the smoothie. You could very well choose a good frozen berry, I may in the future as they keep longer than fresh and the frozen berries are less expensive than fresh.

The following list is per smoothie:
Start with some silken tofu about 2 oz, 
1 tea spoons of vanilla
2 table spoons of honey
1/2 cup of silk milk or almond milk (lite)
1 cup of frozen cut up strawberries
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
5 cubs of ice

Place all ingredients in a GOOD blender and blend till smooth, place in a glass garnish with a fresh strawberry and some fresh blueberries.

A good blender is necessary so that you get the mixture very smooth quickly, skimp on this piece of equipment and you can get lumpy not so smooth smoothies and runny if it takes too long.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment